ONLINE BANKING AGREEMENT AND DISCLOSURE
This Online Banking Agreement and Disclosure ("the Agreement") is used to inform you of appropriate uses of Online Banking to obtain information about your accounts, to transfer funds between your accounts, pay bills and other bank services available through the Internet and to inform you of certain rights that you have under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act.
In this agreement, the words "you" and "your" mean those who sign as applicants or any authorized user(s). The words "we", "us" and "our" mean State Bank of Davis. By using Online Banking, you agree to all of the terms of this agreement.
INTERNET BANKING FEATURES: You may access your account information by using a specific Online User ID and password assigned to you. At the present time you may use the system to:
GENERAL ONLINE BANKING
- Perform account inquiries on checking, savings, certificate of deposit and loan accounts
- Obtain statement transaction detail on your accounts
- Transfer funds between your State Bank of Davis Checking, Money Market, Savings and/or loan accounts
- Transfer funds between your account(s) with State Bank of Davis and your account(s) at another institution
- View electronic statements
- Set up Alerts
- Change Email Address and other personal information
- Initiate instructions for placing a stop payment on your checking account
- Send secure e-mail messages to Bank personnel
- Initiate bill payments to any merchant or vendor you choose
Cash Management Features (Commercial customers only)
These features are in addition to those listed above.
- Initiate Tax payments via the EFTPS system
- Create NACHA formatted files (ACH Receipts/ACH Payments/Collections)
FEES AND CHARGES:
You will be charged the applicable Online banking monthly fee, depending on which service you subscribe to. We currently charge NO FEE for Online Banking. There is NO FEE for Bill Pay; although, charges may apply for services offered within bill pay. Cash management applies to commercial accounts and separate fee schedule. Check with the State Bank of Davis Customer Service Department to receive information on all fees charged for cash management services. We reserve the right to change our fee schedule from time to time and to charge your account, in accordance with the fee schedule that will be provided to you, prior to assessment.
Check Processing Fee
Normal Fees will be assessed on check orders depending on the type of order placed.
Right to stop payment and procedures for doing so: If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Here is how: Call us at (815) 865-5125 or write to us at State Bank of Davis, 100 Route 75, Davis, IL 61019 in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before your payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we will also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. We will charge you a $25.00 stop payment fee.
Notice of varying amounts. If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set.)
Liability for failure to stop payment of preauthorized transfer. If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
LIMITATIONS ON FREQUENCY AND AMOUNT: According to Federal Regulations, you may not make more than six (6) preauthorized or automatic transfers from your money market or savings account during a given monthly statement period. There are no limits on the number or dollar amount of transfer or payments you make from your checking account. Balances may include deposits subject to verification by us. The balance may also differ from your records due to deposits in process, outstanding checks or other withdrawals, payments or charges. We have the right to cancel transactions if sufficient funds are not available in your account.
USER ID AND PASSWORD: The User ID and password issued to you is for your security purposes. Your password is confidential and should not be disclosed to third parties. You are responsible for safekeeping your password. You may change your password at any time by requesting a password change on the login page or by clicking on ‘Settings’ when logged in to Online Banking. For security purposes, the system will automatically prompt you to change your password if you have not changed it in 180 days. You should carefully select a password that is hard to guess. (We suggest that you stay away from names, dates, and information that may be easily guessed.) You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your password available to anyone not authorized to sign on your accounts.
In order to ensure the security of your records, we will end your online session 10 minutes after your login to the system. This is to protect you in case you accidentally leave your computer unattended while you are logged on. When you return to your computer, simply reenter your user id and password and continue your session.
NO SIGNATURE REQUIREMENTS: When any payment or other online service generates items to be charged to your account, you agree that we may debit the designated account without requiring your signature on the item and without any notice to you.
NOTICE OF LIABILITY: (Consumer Only)
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your password has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (Plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your password without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using your password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00
If your statement shows transactions that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the FIRST statement on which the error or problem appeared was mailed to you, you may not get back any money lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time period. When you give someone your State Bank of Davis Online Banking Username and/or Password, you are authorizing that person to use your Online Banking Services, and you are responsible for all transactions the person performs using your Online Banking Services. All transactions that person performs, even those transactions you did not intend or want performed, are authorized transactions. If you notify us that the person is no longer authorized, then transactions that person performs after the time you notify us are considered unauthorized. Transactions that you or someone acting with you initiates with fraudulent intent are also authorized transactions.
If you believe that your password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission call (815) 865-5125, or write to us at State Bank of Davis, 100 Route 75, Davis, IL 61019 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
M - Th 8:00 - 3:00
Fri 8:00 - 6:00
Sat 8:00 - 12:00 noon
M - Th 7:30 - 5:00
Fri 7:30 - 6:00
Sat 8:00 - 12:00
Holidays are not included.
CUTOFF TIMES: The following cutoff times pertain to specific Online Banking features: Transactions received after the cutoff time will be posted the following business day.
Funds Transfer (between SBD accounts) 5:00 p.m. CST (6:00 p.m. CST on Fridays)
External Transfers 3:30 p.m. CST
Bill Pay 2:00 p.m. CST
To ensure that payment is properly credited to your account prior to the payment due date, please allow items paid electronically up to 3 business days to process, items paid via a paper draft (indicated by an * on the bill pay screen) up to 5 - 8 business days to process and reach your merchant or vendor.
ACH Originations 4:00 p.m. CST
Periodic Statement: You will get a monthly account statement from us on your checking and money market accounts and a quarterly statement on your savings account unless, based on EFT activity, you qualify for a monthly statement.
OUR LIABILITY FOR INCOMPLETE TRANSACTIONS: If we do not complete a transaction to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will NOT be liable for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to cover the transaction.
- If the money in your account is subject to legal process or other claim restricting such transaction.
- If the transactions would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line.
- If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transaction.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- If any information provided by you about the payee on a bill payment is incorrect.
- If there are any delays in handling the payment by the payee.
- If there are any allegations of fraudulent activity on the account
IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS:
Telephone us at (815) 865-5125 or write to us at State Bank of Davis, 100 Route 75, Davis, IL 61019 or send an e-mail to email@example.com as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error
- Confirmation or Receipt number
For bill payment errors tell us
- Checking account used to pay the bill
- Payee name
- Date the payment was sent
- Confirmation or Receipt number
- Payment amount
- Payee account number
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) day business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days, (20 business days if the transfers involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any errors promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction or a foreign initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. An account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, if you are a new Customer.
We will tell you the results within 3 business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. If your account had been provisionally credited for the error, your account will be debited for the amount of the provisional credit.
You may request copies of the documentation that we used in our investigation.
We will honor checks (or similar instruments payable to third parties) and preauthorized transfers from your account without charging overdraft fees for five (5) business days after the notification, provided that the items honored would have been paid if we had not debited the provisionally credit funds.
CONFIDENTIALITY: We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transaction you make:
- To complete transactions as necessary
- To verify the existence and condition of your account upon the request of a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- To comply with government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us your written permission
SECURITY: You agree and consent to participate in security features on the Website such as registering and answering security questions or changing your password, as requested by State Bank of Davis.
- You agree that (i) you will not engage in any activities related to the Website that are contrary to applicable law, regulation or the terms of any Agreements you may have with State Bank of Davis, and (ii) in circumstances where locations of the Website require identification for process, you will establish commercially reasonable security procedures and controls to limit access to your password or other identifying information to authorized individuals.
- When selecting a password to access your State Bank of Davis accounts, please do not use nicknames or birth dates that may be easy to guess. Use a combination of letters and numbers, change your password periodically, never share your password with anyone and always log off the site when you are finished.
- Links to non-State Bank of Davis websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the websites, and State Bank of Davis has no control over the content on such non-State Bank of Davis websites. If you choose to link to a website not controlled by State Bank of Davis, State Bank of Davis makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such site, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability thereof for any particular purpose, nor does State Bank of Davis warrant that such rights of third parties or that such site or content is devoid of viruses or other contamination. State Bank of Davis does not guarantee the authenticity of documents on the Online. Links to non-State Bank of Davis sites do not necessarily imply any endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, products, information or services offered at such sites, or any representation regarding the content at such sites.
- State Bank of Davis reminds you that the Internet lacks inherent security for commercial transactions and therefore State Bank of Davis does not guarantee that downloads from this site will not contain a virus or other destructive device. Additionally, you provide, request and receive information from this site with the knowledge that such information can be intercepted and/or viewed by unknown third parties. Please contact us at (815) 865-5125 with any questions you may have regarding the above information and disclaimers.
POTENTIAL DISRUPTION OF SERVICE: Access to the website may from time to time be unavailable, delayed, limited or slowed due to, among other things:
- Hardware failure, including among other things failures of computers (including your own computer), servers, networks, telecommunication lines and connections, and other electronic and mechanical equipment;
- Software failure, including among other things, bugs, errors, viruses, configuration problems, incompatibility of systems, utilities or applications, the operation of firewalls or screening programs unreadable codes, or irregularities within particular documents or other content;
- Overload of system capabilities;
- Damage caused by severe weather, earthquakes, wars, insurrection, riots, civil commotion, act of God, accident, fire, water damage, explosion, mechanical breakdown or natural disasters;
- Interruption (whether partial or total) of power supplies or other utility of service;
- Strike or other stoppage (whether partial or total) of labor
VIRUS PROTECTION: State Bank of Davis is not responsible for any electronic virus or viruses that you may encounter. We encourage our customers to routinely scan their electronic devices using a reliable virus product to detect and remove any viruses. Undetected or unrepaired viruses may corrupt and destroy your programs, files and even your hardware. Additionally, you may unintentionally transmit the virus to other computers.
NOTICES: All notices from us will be effective when we have mailed them or delivered them to your last known address on our records. Notices from you will be effective when received by us at the telephone number or the address specified in this agreement. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. We will mail notice to you at least twenty one (21) days before the effective date of any change, as required by law. Use of this service is subject to existing regulations governing your account and any future changes to those regulations.
ENFORCEMENT: In the event either party brings a legal action to enforce this agreement or collects amounts owing as a result of any account transaction, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, including fees on any appeal, subject to any limits under applicable law.
TERMINATION: You agree that we may terminate this agreement if:
- You or any authorized user of your password breaches this or any other agreement with us;
- We have reason to believe that there has been an unauthorized use of your account or password;
- We notify you or any other party to your account that we have canceled or will cancel this Agreement;
- You or any other party to your account can terminate this Agreement by notifying us in writing.
Termination of service will be effective the first business day following receipt of your written notice. Termination of this Agreement will not affect the rights and responsibilities of the parties under this Agreement for transactions initiated before termination.
You may voluntarily terminate your access to Online Banking services and withdraw your consent to this Agreement by calling us at 815-865-5125. If you terminate your access and/or withdraw our consent to this agreement, you will no longer have access to any Online Banking services. All applicable provisions of the Agreement shall survive termination by either you or us, including, without limitation, provisions related to intellectual property, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability, and indemnification.
OTHER USER AGREEMENTS